Debugging "Tricks"

Realms of Arkania HD offers a neat trick for Debugging: Go to Library -> right Mouseclick "properties" -> Set Launch options... and enter "-debug", then start the game as usual. You won't see a difference at first, but:
- Using "F11", you'll get to Debug-Jump, allowing for direct access to all Dungeons, starting Fights in specific arenas and so on (e.g. great to check the Dead Ship coming up ;))
- The F9-Console now accepts "commands", e.g. "revealMap" to well - reveal all the minimap. Or "jump " to directly travel to the according town
- Moreover, it interprets javascript as if it would inside dialogs, e.g. to start the Dialog with Informer Jurge Torfinsson right away, just enter

Code: Alles auswählen

startdlg("info1_1")
This information isn't exactly "secret", but I'd prefer to remain it within the Testing and possibly modding circle nontheless, thank you!

As we will have all towns to test shortly (e.g. for walkers running into walls, wrong minimaps and so on), I see it as a big advantage for you in testing if you have this information instead of having to travel to each town separately.
Firefox ist immer schuld :)

Town names for jump :

Code: Alles auswählen

ala
angbodirtal (Anbodirvale)
fangbodi (=Angbodirvale Ferry)
aryn
auplog
bodon
breida
brendhil
clanegh
daspota
efferdun
einsiedl (=Hermits lake)
felsteyn (=Stonrock)
groenvel (=Greenvelden)
guddasun (=Guddasoundby)
hjalsing (=hjalsingor)
hjalland (=Hjalland's Court)
kord
kravik
liskor
ljasdahl (=Ljasda)l
manrin
merske
nordvest (=Nortvest)
oberorken (=Upper Orken)
orkanger
orvil
ottarje
overthorn
peilinen
phexcaer
prem
rovamund
rovik
rukian
runinsha (=Runinshavn)
runin (= Runin Lighthouse)
rybon
serske
skelelle (=skelellen)
skjal
thorwal
thoss
tjanset
tjoila
ftjoila (=Tjoila Ferry)
treban
tyldon
vaermhag
varnheim
vidsand
vilnheim
reloadXML - Reloads XML settings (except Dungeons)
spawnItem - Spawn item in first character (ids from item2b.xml), eg spawnItem 181 spawns Grimring
advanceTime - advances time by hours
reloadJS - Reloads Dungeon-XMLs
startdlg - starts a specific dialog (ids from de_dlgpartner.xml)
playvo - plays a certain voiceover
specialStates - dumps all special states of a certain location
dumpeffects - dumps all active effects of character of the current party (Leader = 0)
dumpgodgrace - dump all current god grace values
routestate - display Journey state
forceevent - Forces Journey event (from routeevents.xml)

Otherwise, all "normal Javascript" used in the dialogs works in the console as well, but thats a little too much for this short overview

When reporting stuff on maps, press F11 before making the screenshot, then the coordinates and town are automatically displayed so I know where to look. You can also press F7 to copy the coordinates and location to clipboard, this saves me the typing if you provide it in your error post, cause i can copypaste it into my location tool :)

Weirdly F7 doesn't copy data to clipboard, I am unable to past it to anything or does it copy them to some folder?

I'll try to provide F11 screenshots.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Steam Betatest“