i`ve not tested it with the supply kits, but the water will be used. Maybe the travels are not long enough, one waterskin could 3 times used, before its empty. Please also check your Hunger and thirst bars in the status Tab of your chars, if it is filling up when you travel

I try also to double check here

BR

Neo

If my calculation is right, you'd be starving after 20.8 days with the current setting.
I confess that I don't know how realistic that value might be, I'm going to check the internet for information tomrrow before I post a suggestion ;)

I'd like to suggest setting 0.25 in globalsettings.xml,
for rations and for liquorice/bonbons in items2b.xml, but triggering eating at 9 instead of 50 hunger value.

That would mean your characters start starving after roughly 16 days, but the amount of food ate and the frequency of eating food increases to 1 ration per day (and automatic eating after 1.5 days). It's somewhat "common sense" feeling to eat a ration a day in my humble opinion.

Fujak, starving after 16 days doesnt seem to be realistic. I never played with the hunger settings - cause I actually don't play the game yet. Maybe increasing this even more and adjusting the attributes of the eatable items slightly could have a realistic effect. The characters dont die when they are starving - the lose life, don't they ?

hungerperhour at 1 should have an effect of starving starting after 4,1 days if I calculated right. Eating a ration should definitely reduce hunger more than just 6 of 100.

How can I set the trigger for eating ?
"Verdammt, Rheyna hat eine Hose verloren!"

Turtles kleiner Feature Mod - V1250 Version2
-aktuell auf Eis gelegt da das RL mich eingholt hat-
-vorraussichtlich (größeres) Update im November-

Actually, merely drinking water a man can stay alive, approx 20 to 40 days. Without water it is at best 4 days. But as common sense dictates, everyone eats at least a ration of food everyday to stay healthy and in shape.

It would be interesting, if characters kept up with that diet (1 ration per day) so hunting for food makes sense to keep your party in shape or their eating amount can be settable (half-rations, full-rations, double-rations each day).

Half rations: Hunger still increases but at half-pace then you would be foodless. It could impact some checks slightly due to being under-nourished.
Full rations: Party does not feel hungry. Normal amount of eating.
Double rations: No hunger. It impacts positively and keeps the morale high in the party. It could impact some checks slightly due to having superior morale and being well-fed.

Also another touch would be, gaining some "extra hunger" after battle encounters since you burn a good deal of energy, get wounded and the body needs material for natural regenerative processes. Severe hunger also could be more then LE damage, maybe a good debuff on stats...so people will consider having much provisions while they are going through a 20 days long dangerous mountain trip. That would really make small towns which you can buy some food, a welcome sight after several tiring battles and depleted food stocks.

(Also I am in favor of food getting rotten or spoiled in some environments or events, but that would require Abvenenum spell to deal with it.)

Aside from realism, I would prefer a higher rate of hunger even regarding the game play. At the moment I never take any rations with me, they are heavy and not needed. If you hunt every 3 days or so, thats enough to keep your heros satisfied. And the main reason for that is thirst and not hunger. I never stay in dungeons long enough that hunger would be a problem in there.
So if the rate of hunger is increased, the need of rations could be restored and I would appreciate that.

[quote='Turtle','index.php?page=Thread&postID=55915#post55915']starving after 16 days doesnt seem to be realistic[/quote]

Too much or too little? I bugged my arch nemesis Google and came up with similar results to ugralitan (roughly 20 days under "normal" circumstances).
[quote='ugralitan','index.php?page=Thread&postID=55939#post55939']merely drinking water a man can stay alive, approx 20 to 40 days[/quote]

[quote='Turtle','index.php?page=Thread&postID=55915#post55915']The characters dont die when they are starving - the lose life, don't they ?[/quote]

That's right! Though they won't make it that much longer after starving started.

[quote='Turtle','index.php?page=Thread&postID=55915#post55915']Eating a ration should definitely reduce hunger more than just 6 of 100.[/quote]

I would normally concur, but there's a problem. We are limited on the fact that hunger values can range from 0 to 100 and they increase at a constant pace. Furthermore rations regenerate a constant amount regardless of circumstances. Since my main focus for the suggestion was to have two figures, namely eating once per day and starving after roughly 16 days, it's a simple equation.
Starving after 16 days means it's down to 0.25 hunger per hour (since max is 100). And Eating once each 24 hours means 24*0.25 = 6

[quote='Turtle','index.php?page=Thread&postID=55915#post55915']How can I set the trigger for eating ?[/quote]

You can't. It's hardcoded in the C# Part, as far as I know. Well, you could, but that's another story and I meant not through editing the XML part.

I could - for realisms sake - implement, that Hunger increases faster if Thirst is above the 50%-Threshold. And, as for Hunger increase per Hour, we could definitely increase that from the current value. As Ugralitan said, a Person DIES from Hunger and not eating (but with water) after 20 to 40 days. We start the EFFECT of Dying from Hunger, where depending on luck can survive another 20 to 30 days, after currently roughly 21 days.

So, starting the effect of Hunger after say 8 days (200 Hours, meaning Hungerinc of 0.5), this would require one ration in 40 Hours with the current setting, meaning roughly one meal per two days to be "in good health". by decreasing ration value to 12, we would have "one meal in 24 hours" - which would be fine IMO.

A problem I see with "faster hunger without water" is that if Water supply is already bad, chances are that food supply is bad as well. So these effects would have a positive feedback on each other, making an already hard situation (low on water) even harder (starving faster). Therefore the linear approach right now is fine by me for playability reasons.

Also, currently the whole party gets fed if the hunter finds *anything*, reducing value of food rations further. I could change that to "Hunter finds 3 rations per success point", and reduce party hunger by (found rations x ration value / partycount), and only producing rations if the hunter actually produced a success substantial enough to really feed the party before.

And as a last evil thought, Hunger progression could depend on the (current, improved) Strength of the character, meaning strong chars need to eat more than weak ones, like +0.1 per point Strength above 10, making a Warrior far more hungry than a witch. :)
Firefox ist immer schuld :)

[quote='craftyfirefox','index.php?page=Thread&postID=56015#post56015']I could - for realisms sake - implement, that Hunger increases faster if Thirst is above the 50%-Threshold.
[/quote]I didn't understand it that way. You won't starve faster, when you have no water, but you will die faster due to thirst.

[quote='craftyfirefox','index.php?page=Thread&postID=56015#post56015']So, starting the effect of Hunger after say 8 days (200 Hours, meaning Hungerinc of 0.5), this would require one ration in 40 Hours with the current setting, meaning roughly one meal per two days to be "in good health". by decreasing ration value to 12, we would have "one meal in 24 hours" - which would be fine IMO.[/quote]That would be fine for me. I would even be so bold to let the decreasing at 6 so you need to eat twice a day (breakfast and dinner).

[quote='craftyfirefox','index.php?page=Thread&postID=56015#post56015']A problem I see with "faster hunger without water" is that if Water supply is already bad, chances are that food supply is bad as well. So these effects would have a positive feedback on each other, making an already hard situation (low on water) even harder (starving faster). Therefore the linear approach right now is fine by me for playability reasons.[/quote]I see no need for that (see above).

[quote='craftyfirefox','index.php?page=Thread&postID=56015#post56015']Also, currently the whole party gets fed if the hunter finds *anything*, reducing value of food rations further. I could change that to "Hunter finds 3 rations per success point", and reduce party hunger by (found rations x ration value / partycount), and only producing rations if the hunter actually produced a success substantial enough to really feed the party before.[/quote]I think that is ok, because you would either need one person hunt every evening or take the spare rations for the next day with you. At the moment my hunter can hunt 1 out of 3 or 4 days and go finding herbs on the other days.

[quote='craftyfirefox','index.php?page=Thread&postID=56015#post56015']And as a last evil thought, Hunger progression could depend on the (current, improved) Strength of the character, meaning strong chars need to eat more than weak ones, like +0.1 per point Strength above 10, making a Warrior far more hungry than a witch. :)[/quote]
That would be a funny effect, if you have chars that pop every few hours a "Hans was hungry and ate (again!)." message ;)

[quote='craftyfirefox','index.php?page=Thread&postID=56015#post56015']implement, that Hunger increases faster if Thirst is above the 50%-Threshold.[/quote]

I might have failed in expressing my thought properly there. I meant more like the fact that a starving person might "gain" more from a single meal than a nearly fed one when I mentioned the linear gain of food. I wouldn't implement that though, it was more meant as explanation to the motivation of my suggestion.

[quote='craftyfirefox','index.php?page=Thread&postID=56015#post56015']Hunger progression could depend on the (current, improved) Strength of the character[/quote]

I wouldn't implement that either. Given the very tight timeframe, stay with the features where we have bigger benefits compared to this.

[quote='Mordbrenner','index.php?page=Thread&postID=56019#post56019']I would even be so bold to let the decreasing at 6 so you need to eat twice a day (breakfast and dinner).[/quote]

I think that I recall a complaint concerning food and hunting on the forum a while ago. I'd say a ratio a day is fine as long as hunting gets you less food.

[quote='Mordbrenner','index.php?page=Thread&postID=56023#post56023'][quote='craftyfirefox','index.php?page=Thread&postID=56015#post56015']And as a last evil thought, Hunger progression could depend on the (current, improved) Strength of the character, meaning strong chars need to eat more than weak ones, like +0.1 per point Strength above 10, making a Warrior far more hungry than a witch. :)[/quote]That would be a funny effect, if you have chars that pop every few hours a "Hans was hungry and ate (again!)." message ;)[/quote]*proceeds to dump Hans at nearest tavern for being a such freeloader*

Despite the difficulty increase, that idea is quite good and would add more importance to food supplies and hunting, or make you visit towns more frequently for supplies.

@craftyfirefox: What do you think about food getting poisoned or spoiled due to some events or environmental circumstances? Such as someone getting drenched in water during a river crossing (of course his backpack also gets drenched and food gets spoiled), walking through swamps (poison your food) or worse...some animals you hunted were carrying disease (yielding poisoned food), an angry witch curses your party that spoils your food and drink etc etc. Pinnacle of cruelty I'd say.

(If carts and carriages was in the game, it would even make sense some people poisoning your supplies at your cart. But don't let me diverge from the real topic!)

Anyways, the idea is to provide a reason to implement Abvenenum :P.

[quote='Fujak Loganson','index.php?page=Thread&postID=56027#post56027'][quote='craftyfirefox','index.php?page=Thread&postID=56015#post56015']Hunger progression could depend on the (current, improved) Strength of the character[/quote]I wouldn't implement that either. Given the very tight timeframe, stay with the features where we have bigger benefits compared to this.[/quote]Actually that feature would be quite benefical for character diversity. But of course I am always in favor of more quests and content, rather then small difficulty tweaks. Just if this is not hard to implement, it could be a good addition and make basic survival more important.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Bugs“