You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Nordlandtrilogie HD - Offizielles Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 11th 2013, 2:52am

magic ring?

I find a ring in the Old Bailey and it's magical after analyzing it. However, I've equipped it on every character and can't tell what it does. Does it do anything or is "magical" just mean it'll sell for a little more?

Friday, October 11th 2013, 8:17am

No, "Magical" (with odem arcanum) just means "if you identify it with an Analyze spell, it will reveal its true power". Identification is theoretically 2-step. First you cast "Odem Arcanum" to find out if there is anything magical about an object you don't know about yet. Then you can cast "Analyze" (or, in 1.31, walk to the School of Farsight in Thorwal and ask for it) to get the Object identified and find out what it does. The magical Properties only become effective after this second step.

You can of course skip the Odem Arcanum, but then you have to choose from all the Objects in your inventory - if you know what is actually magical, not a problem - if not, you'll be wasting AE :).
Firefox ist immer schuld :)

Friday, October 11th 2013, 3:53pm

I just chose analyze by picking the ring and it doesn't say anything, just that it's magical. I'll look again tonight. I never used Odem Arcanum. I can always go to this school. Is 1.31 a future patch? I can't keep track :) As I mentioned in another thread, I'm not sure if I'll play much past the Bailey; it depends on how quickly I can get around in the outdoors. I don't have an hour to waste in real life to get to the next play area. Those days are long gone.

Friday, October 11th 2013, 4:09pm

1.31 is the next comming up Patch ;)
It all depends what you consider "play area" and what means of transportation you're chosing. Traveling by sea is usally a lot faster than by foot, so you could reach other "important areas" in a matter of minutes. Some areas are remote on purpose though and traveling/getting there is already part of the adventure.
All in all, once the combat gets a little speed up (should already be visible in the next patch, but more to follow), you should be able to finish the game about the same time you could finish the old one (roughly 30 hours, I'd guess, but don't nail me on that).

Friday, October 11th 2013, 6:06pm

I just want the old game remakes to succeed. It seems that there must be some more content added to these games to allow them to compete with the other stuff available. I believe Chris is on the right track; by adding pieces to the game as he goes along. If Crafty can flesh out some of the empty towns, then I believe word of mouth might become more positive. I'm not sure if Blades can have another release to spur sales, but I hope so. Even if I never play past the Bailey much, I'll have gotten $20 of value out of my time.

Friday, October 11th 2013, 6:48pm

Fleshing out is already underway, in several departements at once, and a re-release is coming up, with automatic access for all buyers so far. We're on it, and we're trying hard to give you far more than $20 of value - it just doesn't work as fast as we hoped.
Firefox ist immer schuld :)

Friday, October 11th 2013, 7:31pm

I just want the old game remakes to succeed. It seems that there must be some more content added to these games to allow them to compete with the other stuff available. I believe Chris is on the right track; by adding pieces to the game as he goes along. If Crafty can flesh out some of the empty towns, then I believe word of mouth might become more positive. I'm not sure if Blades can have another release to spur sales, but I hope so. Even if I never play past the Bailey much, I'll have gotten $20 of value out of my time.
About the content, if they could just implement what I will write within next 20-25 days, the game will keep you entertained for a long while. Today I just looked at the travelling map of Arkania to get some lore-feed about towns and realized the vastness of possibilities event-wise and quest-wise which can be added. Phexcaer alone gives me several (possibly dangerous for player's ducats and sanity :P) ideas. And there are several other towns which can spawn really great ideas. (I just got an idea about a boat race over Bodir river at Vilnhome which might give a good use to Driving check, of course if you think you have the ducats and guts for a bet.)

Friday, October 11th 2013, 11:34pm

I'm in no hurry. More content will take time if done right and I'm cool with that. I'm going to attach my save game about the magic ring. I've identified it and it shows magical but that's it. Doesn't tell me how it is magical and I can't see an effect when I equip it. I cheated my analyze spell to 4 to see if that would make a difference, but it didn't.
crpgnut has attached the following file:
  • quick.dsa1save (239.09 kB - 59 times downloaded - latest: Jan 28th 2017, 5:01am)