You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Nordlandtrilogie HD - Offizielles Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

1

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 2:14pm

my game just turned german

Thought i'll give it a try after the last patches. now i find the whole game turned from english german. i checked on steam to see where u can choose betwin english and german and english is seleceted.

god i'm pissed...

2

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 3:26pm

i reinstalled. still german. how the hell...

3

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 3:33pm

You should normally be able to select the language via Steam Library -> right click -> Language -> English -> ok. The "default" language is german, so if the game in Steam Mode encounters another language name than "german", it defaults to english.
But in order for that to work, you need to start it from steam. If launched directly from the executable, it defaults to german.
Firefox ist immer schuld :)

4

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 3:43pm

I did that as i said. Properties- lang- english.

it already was on english. but it doesnt matter. i only get german now whatever lang i choose

5

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 6:04pm

Are you clicking PLAY in steam or using schick.exe in your steam folder.? If the latter it will be in German. If you click PLAY icon on steam site it will be English so long as you selected that.

6

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 6:04pm

Hey nunii,

please could you post your output log file. It can be found here: \Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Realms of Arkania\schick_Data\output_log.txt

7

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 6:46pm

Hey nunii,

please could you post your output log file. It can be found here: \Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Realms of Arkania\schick_Data\output_log.txt
I operate it from steam. both regularily and compatible mode
nunii has attached the following file:
  • output_log.txt (5.33 kB - 198 times downloaded - latest: Jun 28th 2017, 4:17pm)

8

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 7:17pm

would you mind attaching a screenshot of what is in german? Cause what you attached there hasn't even started the game yet, please try to get into the game (main menu) and choose the first menu entry there (ignore the language), then wait until the game launches (temple view), THEN end it, and finally attach the output_log.txt
Firefox ist immer schuld :)

9

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 7:28pm

would you mind attaching a screenshot of what is in german? Cause what you attached there hasn't even started the game yet, please try to get into the game (main menu) and choose the first menu entry there (ignore the language), then wait until the game launches (temple view), THEN end it, and finally attach the output_log.txt

there you go. just to make sure i did what u said, and also loaded a saved game which was in english yesterday.
everything is in german now. the launcher, the menues, the game, the speach.
nunii has attached the following file:
  • output_log.txt (97.42 kB - 148 times downloaded - latest: Jun 21st 2017, 9:02am)

10

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 7:41pm

I'm very sorry nunii, I can't find the reason for this from the current logging of the game. I will include more logging regarding language selection in the patch tomorrow so I can find out what goes wrong there. If you want to play right away, I can offer a "dirty hack", but please backup your game directory before modifying it.

- rename the following files and folders to something else:
schick_Data/Data/de.xml, schick_Data/Data/de_dlgpartner.xml, schick_Data/Data/de_randomtext.xml, schick_Data/Data/voiceover/de
- rename the following files and folders as follows:
schick_Data/Data/en.xml -> schick_data/Data/de.xml
schick_Data/Data/en_dlgpartner.xml -> schick_Data/Data/de_dlgpartner.xml
schick_Data/Data/en_randomtext.xml -> schick_Data/Data/de_randomtext.xml
schick_Data/Data/voiceover/en -> schick_Data/Data/voiceover/de

That way you make the the english Language Files replace the german ones, which should make your game english again.

Please keep in mind that this is a dirty hack which can cause update Problems down the road, so please undo it before the patch tomorrow. But this way you should at least be able to play in english again until tomorrow.
Firefox ist immer schuld :)

11

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 7:53pm

thank you. i think i'll wait for the patch 1st. maybe the magic will be reversed somehow.

if not i'll try this trick.

12

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 10:23pm

Maybe it will not get better with a patch. It looks like a steam problem to me. :S

In your output log I miss this line:
"Steam: GetCurrentGameLanguage returend 'english'".

Somehow the game gets no information about the language from steam.
In your log it says: "Could not initialize the native Steamworks API. This is usually caused by a missing steam_appid.txt file or if the Steam client is not running."
Regarding to the steam_appid.txt I´ve found some google entrys.
I could do a research for you but it could take a while...

13

Friday, August 9th 2013, 7:56am

you were right.

I fixed it. I think the problem was coming from another steam game. I reinstalled that game and BOD got corrected.

kill me if I understand how and why O_o