You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Nordlandtrilogie HD - Offizielles Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 10:48am

Thinking of buying this game

I am new to the forum, but have followed the news of this game on RPGwatch and on other sites. I read through the entire posts on this forum both in German (was ich verstehen kann, aber nicht gut schreiben kann) and English. While the current state of the game is discouraging, I see the developers are trying hard to fix it. If the game ever gets to a state where members of this forum consider it well playable, I will buy it. Until then I will continue to see how thing progress.

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 12:30pm

I bought it and I am stuck with nothing to do, I get no new quests and the ones I have (2) are bugged.
I have yet to find a "dungeon" to explore (besides the quest house one).

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 12:39pm

Game is pretty broken currently, but it seems to be an accurate remake of the original so on that note it's definitely worth owning at some stage, but it's definitely not worth playing for at least a month, until the devs get it into good shape. Worth buying? I think so, the devs are committed with all the patches ever 24-48 hours.

Also they cut the Jester and a bunch of spells, which isn't really important because those spells didn't have any use in the original, but it still pisses me off as a purist who likes remakes to be exact.

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 1:11pm

you need the 2 last skills from the list as well as wilderness survival...
there are several dungeons in the wild, but if your first character has no experience with spotting them, you will just run past them.

tip:
let a wood elf lead your party, they have good starting values for leading the group in the wilds

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 1:46pm

(...)bunch of spells, which isn't really important because those spells didn't have any use in the original, but it still pisses me off as a purist who likes remakes to be exact.
That unfortunately depends on ones stance towards the original game and it's twisted inclusion of the really original pen and paper rules.
If you take the summoning spells as an example, non of them should have ever worked in a combat, according to the P&P ruleset, so personally, I'm not unhappy to see this part redesigned.

(Heshtot was meant as a really, really powerful and rare demonic being that only very few people would ever see and not something that is summoned every third battle by a magician at the very career start.

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 7:57pm

you need the 2 last skills from the list as well as wilderness survival...
there are several dungeons in the wild, but if your first character has no experience with spotting them, you will just run past them.

tip:
let a wood elf lead your party, they have good starting values for leading the group in the wilds

My lead is Hunter with 11 survival and intuition is at 5 and perception at 6, my party is only level 2 as I can't find any enemies to face.

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 8:11pm

I bought it and I am stuck with nothing to do, I get no new quests and the ones I have (2) are bugged.
I have yet to find a "dungeon" to explore (besides the quest house one).
Hm, "quests are bugged" is difficult to fix. Can you please specify whats going wrong with your quests? And which ones? Makes it easier for us to fix!

Btw, todays patch repairs Isleif Olgardsson (tells you now names instead of %0, however you should have names of persons in your questbook) and Quest Dramosch should now work too (Dungeon in Thorwal itself).

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 8:24pm

Hm, "quests are bugged" is difficult to fix. Can you please specify whats going wrong with your quests? And which ones? Makes it easier for us to fix!
The bugs I listed here: My feedback on game state

Friday, November 8th 2013, 9:20pm

So I did buy your game on Gamer's Gate after seeing the positive review on RPGWatch and the latest reviews on Amazon. I'm glad to see the game has been improved so much. I probably won't get too playing it for a bit. I've got too many other games to finish first. :)

Thursday, June 19th 2014, 10:41pm

I just wanted to mention that I started the game two weeks ago and in my opinion the game is great fun. My only experience with DSA is Drakensang, which works a little differently, but I think I've figured out more or less the diffrences. I'm about 15 hours into the game.
I just wanted to thank you for working to improve the game and also to thank everyone on this forum who has worked on improving it.
I can definately see buying the sequel when it arrives.