You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Nordlandtrilogie HD - Offizielles Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 4:54pm

Finally found a video showing the current state of the game. Very heart breaking to watch. (German)

Sorry, im just curious and really wanted to know how bad the game is,
because of alot of people saying how bad it is, i really just wanted to see for myself.

So yea, wandered into the German section of the forum,
and saw this post by Korgoth, titled "Lets Test Realms of Arkania von Gerugon"

The video is in German, i have absolutely no idea what the narrator is talking about, but
he keeps making "Urggggghhh" "Bleeaaahhhhh" sounds...which pretty much says it all.

This is the state of game at launch, and its the German version.
Considering the German version is already in such a state, can the English version even be salvaged in 6 weeks?
Kindda regret buying this on GMG. not sure if i can even get a refund on it now. :(

Warning: Once you have watched this video, it CANNOT be un-watched.

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 5:03pm

German Version and English Version are almost the same,
AFAIK there are no technical bugs in the english version which are not in the german version...

So only translation is faulty implemented.

If you check the patch notes I think you can get a good idea that we should "re-check" the game next weekend :)

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 5:21pm

Thanks, just one question here.
Are NPCs all supposed to just stand there with their arms hanging like that?
Is this a bug? or is it a deliberate decision to do this?

Its not the bugs i'm worried about, because obvious issues
such as translation and database etc will be solved eventually.

Its things like that stupid pose that ALL NPCs stands with that really worries me.
This may be fine in 1998...but its 2013 now....i dunno man, it just...doesn't feel right at all.

Of course, i'll not use big budget games like Skyrim for comparison as that wouldn't be fair.
But to be honest, comparing the look and feel of this game to Legend of Grimrock
(which itself is also made by a small team), its really quite shocking IMO.

Grimrock just feels right. While this game is just...sad to say
not worthy of the Realms of Arkania brand. (At least in its current state)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ryan" (Jul 31st 2013, 5:37pm)

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 5:27pm

Unfortunately it seems NSC are supposed to be like that.
In the german thread several players announced that they would prefer "none" over "these" NSCs ^^'
btw. I also think they should just be removed ^^'

Database is definately beeing fixed, as well as translation work. Ronny confirmed a lot of translation work in the Patch Plan.

You can watch the video, but also look at the release note plan for the patches... they are fixing a lot and we are likely going to get a more or less playable game within this week :)

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 5:33pm

Unfortunately it seems NSC are supposed to be like that.
In the german thread several players announced that they would prefer "none" over "these" NSCs ^^'
btw. I also think they should just be removed ^^'
Oh dear.... ;(

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 5:37pm

Yea.. its like a world full of Zombies :D. I would really like an option for disabling all unimportant NPCs or move them to the market places instead. Shouldnt be such a big deal? :P
Esst mehr Käsetoast!

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 7:41pm

Yea.. its like a world full of Zombies :D. I would really like an option for disabling all unimportant NPCs or move them to the market places instead. Shouldnt be such a big deal? :P
That's my guess too...

I think it is all in the xml files so modding eat should be "piece of cake"