You are not logged in.

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 2:31pm

About Star Trail

Hello!

I saw message in Steam community, that team, who made Blade Of Destiny HD, works with second remake - Star Trail. Is it true, or not? Very interested.

Thank you.

P.S. Sorry for bad English.

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 2:45pm

Yes, but due to the breakup between developer and publisher further development of startrail is postponed until all legal issues are resolved.

Tuesday, October 28th 2014, 2:52pm

Yes, but due to the breakup between developer and publisher further development of startrail is postponed until all legal issues are resolved.
Mordbrenner, thank you for information and quick answer!

Friday, March 20th 2015, 3:56am

iPad/Android port?

Out of curiosity, Mordbrenner , does the developer hold the Rights to the RoA titles or does the publisher?I only ask because Star Trail would port well to an iPad (with updated graphics, of course).Stoic Studio’s “Banner Saga” comes to mind in terms of art direction that Star Trail on iPad could take; a solid game doesn't need high-end 3D graphics with AAA production costs to be a great game :) .Porting the game to mobile devices would reach a broader audience and the developer could bypass the current publisher while deploying the app to Apple and Google Play. ;)

Friday, March 20th 2015, 3:21pm

That is best answered by the developer himself. I do like the idea, but I don't think performance of the 3D-unity areas of towns and dungeons would be great on an ipad.

Tuesday, March 24th 2015, 2:45am

I know the devs and fans would like to see the RoA titles reach the same level of quality and popularity as Skyrim, but the problem is that so many other dev companies shoot for that same art direction – not to mention the cost, time, and resources needed. It becomes almost a given that most fantasy RPG titles that shoot for a “realistic” look, with the current game engine tech, ultimately look the same. AND if the devs fall short of the mark on quality, it will really stand out – which, sadly, is what happened with “Blade of Destiny’s” revamp. A really break-thru game can reach the mobile market with the right art direction and techniques. A 1st person, 3D, low poly count town and dungeon can still look really great on mobile with the right attention to textures. The PCs and NPCs during battle sessions can look amazing on a mobile device as png image files from pre-rendered 3D characters. Add this to the fact that most people who remember the RoA titles from the 1990s are at least in their mid 30s now and are more likely to be casual gamers on their mobile devices.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TicToc" (Mar 24th 2015, 2:51am)

Monday, August 8th 2016, 4:19pm

Hello to everyone!

Do you have some information about Star Trail? It will be, or project is not started?

Tuesday, August 9th 2016, 9:33am

Yuan DeLazar, thank you for answer, link and excellent news! :thumbsup: