You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-50 of 229.

Friday, July 18th 2014, 1:37pm

Author: ugralitan

Patch

Quoted from "Fairplay" Ich vermisse als Tester Fujak Loganson, ugralitan und NeoDerWeise. Urlaub, krank oder keine/n Lust/Zeit/Bock mehr diese drei ??? I am still around though less visible in the overall scheme of things.

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 1:49pm

Krypta Baerhag Logik Orkbegegnung

No, a few lousy heroes cannot explain: "There is no dagger."Only a linguist can explain that. Otherwise almost always you are going to fight at that encounter because: 1. You haven't got the dagger. 2. You can't reason with the Shaman in his own language 3. You have failed to sneak past the guards. 4. You have failed to sneak towards their supplies. 5. You have charged directly (Which is supposed to provide a good deal of Rondra favor btw) If you have the dagger, you can lie about the dagger and...

Thursday, April 24th 2014, 7:15am

Krypta Baerhag Logik Orkbegegnung

It is not a bug. Carry on. You have a good deal of chance to meet the Necromancer before meeting with the Ork Camp. Dagger might add an alternative option to the Ork Camp, but that is not the only option so it is not supposed to be a "forced item" where you can retrieve and NPCs will wait. Orks will not wait for you to retrieve the dagger. Spoiler And if you are able to tell the Orks "There is no dagger." and they dispersed, you have passed a difficult Foreign Languages check. Otherwise there'll...

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 10:51am

Is current version bug-free ? or it is possilbe to complete this game ?

Quoted from "Ikazuchi" I agree to bugs caused due to different system specificatons, these can not be avoided. Bugs which are not noticable and cause maybe a system slowdown by 1 % or something like that do not count. I can agree that every game as unnoticable bugs and problems. But many games are virtually bug free, and for the general gamer, this is the important part. If there is a problem nobody notices or encounters, it is no problem. And I would dare say that many games are virtually bug ...

Tuesday, April 22nd 2014, 8:53am

Is current version bug-free ? or it is possilbe to complete this game ?

Quoted from "Ikazuchi" Quoted from "ugralitan" There is no such thing as "bug-free game" in world of cRPG . Ouch.. I hope you are not working in any QA dpt. .. No I was merely stating the obvious as a programmer/engineer in RL and as a beta-tester in this and a few other games. There are "virtually bug-free" games where the bugs are quite small, barely noticeable or the bugs are masterfully hidden or even turned to features with a bit of polish/additional programming. I've been honest about the...

Wednesday, April 9th 2014, 3:31pm

Krypta des Baerhag Klans

All of the quests in Rukian (despite being on the main road, yes) have a non-violent solution or "get away" style. On the other hand Bärhag Crypt is cruel, intended to be a challenge for unprepared (mainly against people who expect to clear "yet another dungeon") Both unique battles in there and choices you take matters quite, as well as your skill build-up . After the first battle or some traps, the player should give the decision to continue despite losses or not. Even then, there are several ...

Monday, April 7th 2014, 7:51am

Einige Fragen an die Runde

Inn battle is intended to be a challenge. But it is discouraged to a degree, because well... you are surrounded, you cannot flee from that fight and you are vastly outnumbered. Yes you can win, but it is more like a decision of yours to risk your neck for a bunch of villagers or not. You will notice, if the town is plundered, you will not be able to use any services anymore in Rukian.

Friday, April 4th 2014, 2:36pm

Einige Fragen an die Runde

Yeah most of the For the Gods battles are meant to be a challenge and require proper preparation and a small degree of tactics.

Tuesday, March 25th 2014, 12:46pm

Diagonale Bewegung kostet zuviel BP

Quoted from "curom" Das Video zu Blackguards hat mich vom Vorteil des Sechsecks überzeugt allerdings hat dies den Nachteil das man auch von sechs Seiten attackiert werden kann. Fernkämpfer ziehen sich momentan nur zurück, wenn sie aus der gegebenen Position keine Sichtlinie zu einem Ziel haben. Lassen sich also, wenn man aufpasst, nach wie vor schön einkesseln. Age of Decadence uses a similar tile system to RoA but difference is that long weapons such as spear and two-handers can hit from diago...

Friday, March 21st 2014, 7:51am

Sternenschweif HD eine Chance geben? Ja oder Nein

Considering the major chance that any advancement at Blade of Destiny will be carried to Star Trail and a part of advancements made by Star Trail can be backported to BoD...I see no reason not to support this game. Community is very important in my opinion. The ideas flying around, the discussions on lore, story, ingame economy, battle mechanics and the morale support provided can change a good deal of things towards positive. Perhaps it is idealism in small doses. But this game is still ripe fo...

Wednesday, March 19th 2014, 7:43am

Nach der Meldung über Sternenschweif

Quoted from "DSA-Freak1971" Hi, werden die Bugs in der Schicksalsklinge noch gefixt oder bleibt das Spiel jetzt so? Denn die Arbeit an dem zweiten Teil wird ja nun mal extrem viel Zeit in Anspruch nehmen. Aber der erste Teil ist, wie im Forum zu sehen ist, noch sehr Fehlerlastig. Also meiner Meinung nach nicht fertig. Allerdings wäre die Fehlerbeseitigung - zumindest für mich - ein wichtiges Kriterium für die Kaufentscheidung der nächsten zwei Teile. Bis jetzt konnte ich mir meine Zeit sehr gut...

Tuesday, March 18th 2014, 8:09am

DLC Diskussion - Reiz / Daseinsberechtigung erhöhen

Quoted from "plibuda" Vielleicht könnte man abseits vom Remake-Teil von Schicksalsklinge HD DLCs attraktiver machen, wenn dort auch die üblicherweise selten bis gar nicht genutzten Talente zu ihrem Recht kommen. Manche Talente und Sprüche baut man zwar aus, aber eigentlich fragt man sich wieso bloß. In current DLCs you have already a good selection of spells and talents (even the ones you rarely/never use in the original) are incorporated to a degree. The problem is this...in Western RPGs (Also...

Monday, March 17th 2014, 12:16pm

DSA's Feedback und Verbesserungsvorschläge

20 hours and still lvl 1? I know battles are no longer grind-worthy, but quests&stuff should provide enough AP to advance to lvl 2 no? Regardless, good list up there.

Monday, March 10th 2014, 7:44am

Schwere Kämpfe im HD Spiel

Quoted from "Yuan DeLazar" Das erinnert mich so ein bisschen an die Schwarzmagier von Lowangen... Ich denke, dass es auch nicht geplant war, dass die mal jemand tatsächlich platt macht. Hatte ich mal eigens eine Party dafür zusammengestellt. Hat irgendwann geklappt :-) Aber nach dem gewinnen: nichts (so zumindest miene Erinnerung an eine ziemliche Enttäuschung). Keine Zauberstäbe, keine Artefakte, keine profanen Gegenstände, kein Gold, nicht mal ein popeliger Hinweistext. Und ich bin mir auch n...

Sunday, March 9th 2014, 1:48am

Yes, I see. You use old AP-levelled characters Well actually there is a great dilemma over there. Spoiler -Killing the adventurer group means that you have probably saved lives of some thieves who killed and looted travellers in cold blood. Also that means you have destroyed another group of people who was tasked by Hetman to find the Blade of Destiny(You will hear the Mage tell that they are seeking blade too, if you actually can convince them). Then there is this fact, how much you trust the E...

Sunday, March 9th 2014, 1:11am

Krypta des Baerhag Klans

Spoiler Have you found the Necromancer in the Crypts? He might be carrying something the Ork Shaman wants, of course you have to kill him somehow. But that means you might be missing on a few things Necromancer might offer you. Of course then the next question would be whether you'd be willing to give what shaman wants or not. Also if you charge directly at the Ork Encampment like a true valiant party, it puts a good word for you in eyes of Rondra. Never assume everything you do is in vain. Als...

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 10:51pm

Krypta des Baerhag Klans

Sneak between 4-6 pretty much means you have a character who could probably sneak to steal an apple from a market stall but they could not sneak into a guarded ork encampment, very easily. There are a few nice alternatives to the ending of the quest, but I'd rather not give a spoiler right now.

Saturday, March 8th 2014, 9:55am

Level 13!? Was it due to old AP system or editing?

Thursday, March 6th 2014, 1:20pm

Well you have changed the fate of Rukian, that should be a reward as it is And there is actually not an intention for you to fail the battle (maybe a bit ). It is a matter of choice after all, you could join the adventurers (who are also right in their own terms), you could attempt to convince them or simply leave. Sometimes greater risk is not greater reward. That is Rukian, not exactly a place of wealth. On the good side, you'll meet more of such battles which may challenge you as well as offe...

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 1:01pm

Idee: Mehr Spieltiefe durch Interaktion zwischen den Helden.

In-party relationships and a more adequate method of negative stats causing some issues among characters has been discussed at Beta section in the past. The thing is, it is more then possible to give that illusion. But for example to reach a unique, dynamic and detailed system, that requires creation of several hooks, events attached to them and keeping track of all these to build up more advanced events. It probably would not be a small task in coding, writing and designing events, calculating ...

Monday, March 3rd 2014, 12:13pm

Review auf "dsa-drakensang.de" (Version 1.32xmas)

Well, review doesn't look very long. I wonder why they didn't test on 1.33.

Friday, February 28th 2014, 8:05am

Ein paar Fehler

If you can do nothing somewhere (i.e house of Nadja you mentioned), you'll do something when the correct encounter happens.

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 3:44pm

Blade of Destiny HD 1.33 "Let's-Play" - Mary does Northland

Just to compare the style differences between original game dungeons and new dungeons, it would be a minor point of interest. But yes, I understand that it takes a little time to adapt to DSA world

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 3:07pm

Indeed. Rukian quest issues has been resolved and thoroughly tested for general robustness as far as I am aware. For the Gods DLC has also two additional dungeons one of them is a forest-dungeon and the other is a crypt-dungeon. The crypt-dungeon (quest starts from Bodon but rumors reach to you on towns close to Bodon as well) is a bit cruel to a degree. The quest regarding the forest-dungeon promotes a good deal of travelling if I remember correctly. To be on the safe side completely though, yo...

Thursday, February 27th 2014, 12:51pm

Seems like a good deal of videos! Glad to see we have proper English "Let's Play" as well. By the way, about your 6th video "Next leg of the journey" where you pass through Rukian. I'd suggest you to try it out with "For the Gods" DLC. You might find it far more -eventful- In original version that town was a filler like many other towns while going to Felsteyn, I'm glad it is not anymore.

Wednesday, February 26th 2014, 7:35am

denkanstoß bzgl early access bei schweif und riva

That heavily depends on which game is Early Access and how it is presented. It is also a good way to support certain types of games if you like the concept or demo. For example, Age of Decadence (which went Early Access) has both demo (contains whole first chapter of game) and Early Access version (contains larger second chapter as well along additional locations) They have pretty much done everything about fight, character development and a good deal of the world along the story. Despite I supp...

Tuesday, February 25th 2014, 4:00pm

Die suesse Erika

Quoted from "AlAnkhra" Warum sollte eine Frau nicht eine andere verführen können? Klingt etwas puritanisch und wenig aventurisch... When the woman expects a male, it would be a bit hard. I mean eyes and senses can be deceived to a degree in the heat of moment. But ahem...lack of some things...leads to auto-failure

Tuesday, February 25th 2014, 3:50pm

1.33 final oder kommt da noch was?

Actually, there are a good deal of RPG sound packs which ranges from opening lock failures, failures to hit, successes, taunts, weapon swings to town mood speech, townspeople greetings. Downside. Such materials are generally created in English. One good example which contains a good deal of things: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gA4vxkOyIE I'd be excited if such sounds were used, from perspective of English game player. But you cannot find their German counterparts with similar quality, so you ...

Tuesday, February 25th 2014, 8:36am

Die suesse Erika

Haha that looks funny and yes the event should differentiate between male and female. Normally, for female character the option to seduce should be non-existent/disabled.

Tuesday, February 25th 2014, 8:16am

Sound-Bug: Meeresrauschen am Pier in Thorwal viel zu laut

Wasteland 2 has 3 million dollars behind it and an extremely large team (and who knows how much more financial income if they are acquiring extra support here and there). If they did shit job on fighting and sounds, that would be a shame. Now an overhaul of fighting and sounds is a necessity. But even that would require some financial support from publisher. If I was some rich guy, like the people who buys the last tier in Kickstarter, I'd fund such a modification myself for the sake of nostalgi...

Monday, February 24th 2014, 10:06am

Kann Häuser in Rukian nicht betreten

I assume you are playing "For the Gods" DLC, right? Spoiler When you enter Rukian an encounter with a man named Zerif happens(that encounter has actually a Human Nature check to add to your suspicions). Then you can decide to break into Zerif's home or not, it is up to you. For talking to Elder Hyordgar, first you need to get the rumor from a tavern. Then you can pay a visit to him to learn about the situation in Rukian. Also, Zerif battle got an overhaul. Now those forest lions are trained fore...

Monday, February 24th 2014, 9:56am

Neues Intro

New intro is quite faithful to the original intro, except the cyclops scene. If 3D model is not possible, even shadow or silhouette of cyclops could be used. But that is not a major thing anyways. Also, no more intro voiceover is a plus, from English player perspective. Overally, good job!

Monday, February 24th 2014, 8:13am

wand light not working?

Hrm, usual Light in the Darkness fades after awhile. I wonder if the game considers the wand light akin to Light in the Darkness or not in your case.

Friday, February 21st 2014, 10:51pm

Despota little walktrough help

Spoiler When you go towards Rybon, I think a dying man mentions about a Pirate Cave. It might have some magical items.

Friday, February 21st 2014, 9:22pm

Despota little walktrough help

As long as you do not choose dialogue lines which provokes a fight, you'd be okay. But you can also provoke fights, kill the pirates and then gain some loot. That place is a den of pirates, so nobody will question if you kill some of them after a heated debate. Hope this helps.

Friday, February 21st 2014, 2:54pm

Zitate, Stimmung und Tips

"This potion my friend, is a cure for all ills!" -A charlatan healer "Join the pirates, they said. See the world they said. All I do is scrubbing decks and cooking food." -A disgruntled pirate "When in doubt, order all kinds of beverages in a tavern." -Advices from a Thorwalian "Don't make your woman unhappy, trust me I know." -Advices from a Thorwalian

Friday, February 21st 2014, 2:35pm

Mod: Magischer Kräuterbeutel

Ah an item which directs to a new page of inventory slots for herbs hmm? Reminds me old Ultima pouches. Sounds good!

Saturday, February 15th 2014, 7:58pm

DLC Bugs

Rukian questline is already fixed fully in the current beta-test version.

Friday, February 14th 2014, 4:05pm

Wie sieht es nun mit neuen 3d Avataren aus? - Aktueller Stand/Preview/Gold-Version?

Exactly, that is why I also agree with the necessity of revamping "Battle Avatars". But the question where we should ask must differ to a degree. We can ask the developer studio continuously why they didn't work on Battle Avatars for the last 6 months, several times. But it would be akin to beating a dead horse. New questions would be, -Are there financial and technical support available for Battle Avatar Revamp such that Crafty Studios can take the initiative? -If not, Publisher(UIG) supports s...

Friday, February 14th 2014, 3:45pm

Wie sieht es nun mit neuen 3d Avataren aus? - Aktueller Stand/Preview/Gold-Version?

I was merely giving an example of that every people consider different things as "immersion breaking".

Friday, February 14th 2014, 3:11pm

No but if we are discussing that something breaks immersion in a game, then that does not matter if a game is a remake or not. So, what you are saying is that you would ignore all the sucky sides of Blackguards on the basis that it is not a remake. From my perspective battle characters were funny looking in the originals and they are still funny looking here. Probably this version should get a revamp yes to look better. But one cannot claim this game is "unfinished" on that basis. I could call o...

Friday, February 14th 2014, 2:10pm

In same vein can I claim Blackguards is not finished because it lacks a good deal of "RPG" features, dialogues are devoid of swearing and has horrible cutscenes? Maybe Nethack and ADOM are unfinished because ASCII characters are ugly and immersion breaking?

Friday, February 14th 2014, 12:36pm

So angry

@game over: DLC is a vague topic because you really cannot discern whether it is a content which was initially aimed for the main game but to make money separated or content which has been created to provide richness to an already completed game. Good DLCs add upon the main game, bad DLCs make you feel sorry for not having them. In RoA remake's case, you don't feel bad for not having the DLC because they are not DLCs like for example Crusader Kings which locks some features and forces you to buy...

Friday, February 14th 2014, 8:06am

DLC Bugs

Tsadrosch, all due respect I simply answered to the thread because it only felt fair. Now about releases, who calls the shots? Me? Crafty Studios? Publisher? Saint George? Jesus Christ? Lucifer? This is some issue to contemplate upon. On the other hand, you should also know that we volunteer people work on to provide concrete support such that other people could possibly enjoy these quests as seamless as possible. Now, would it be better if no one answered and the thread remained dark?

Friday, February 14th 2014, 1:23am

DLC Bugs

In the actual beta test version Rukian Quests are fixed totally. Baerhag Crypt is still under heavy testing. The main difficulty with the "For the Gods" DLC is its events are far more advanced(more skillchecks, choices and consequences along some unique battles) then the vanilla questline of the original game. About Slaughterhouse: Spoiler At slaughterhouse event you have three choices of inquiry and each choice leads to different outcome over a different path. In the current beta build it is wo...

Thursday, February 13th 2014, 1:34pm

Well, in my opinion smooth operation and lack of game-breaking bugs would always have more priority as a player. I mean, if there were good models but game was still broken as hell, I'd be even more frustrated. There is no doubt the release was rushed and the game was at level of alpha/Early Access that time. But generally the infrastructure and smooth gameplay will always triumph over some mutated models. Now, I do not tell that they shouldn't work on avatars. They definitely should work on the...

Thursday, February 13th 2014, 12:25pm

Their current focus would be on stabilizing the game further, implementing more content, features and doing some fine-tunings. Battle Avatars issue is not something which can be done within a week or two, because: 1. You need financial support. 2. You need a good 3D artist. 3. You need all the 3D models for several types of monsters, humanoid enemies and Archetype characters. 4. You need to create animations regarding weapons and how the characters hold them. Also animations when they get a hit ...

Tuesday, February 11th 2014, 9:26am

DLC Idea: Sons of Seven Seas

The poll is posted at German section of the forums (in English) DLC Idea: Sons of Seven Seas Thoughts and votes would be welcome. I thought an emphasis on sea travels, piracy and ships would enhance the game a lot.